Student Supports

What we can help you with

  • Career counselling: job search techniques, job requirements, job salary, job outlook
  • Educational counselling: orientation to high school, choosing courses appropriate to goals, interests and abilities
  • Post-secondary counselling: admission requirements for post-secondary institutions, cost of programs, scholarships, loans, assistance with registration
  • Personal counselling: help with any concerns or problems a student may have, and, if necessary, referrals to outside agencies


  • Interest and aptitude testing: students have the opportunity to use a career program called ALIS, which assists them in making career decisions.
  • Aptitude testing: Students may take the COPS Interest Inventory to help them match their interests and areas of strength.
  • Information sessions: upcoming post-secondary information sessions are held each year and posted by the Student Services bulletinboard.
  • Counselling centre: this is a drop-in information centre for use by students. Academic calendars of most post-secondary programs are available.
  • Referral services: our counsellors can refer students who need assistance. Some of these referrals may involve community agencies such as: Family School Liaison, Parents' Place, Social Services and local psychologists.

Contact Us


Kelly Spence

Offers supports such as:

  • personal, social and emotional
  • academic and educational
  • psychoeducational assessment
  • career investigation
  • referral to mental health services

Health Recovery Consultant

Crystal Fraser

  • facilitates connections and services to Outreach students and families
  • advocates with students if they experience barriers getting access to health/medical care
  • helps to navigate the different processes involved in getting needed services
  • connects students and families with organizations that provide services such as inpatient or outpatient mental health or treatment programs, medical appointments, government programs such as Alberta Works or Children's Services, or off-site resources related to employment